This week we noticed a possible Google update starting on March 1st through March 2nd. Google is now rolling out what they called multifaceted featured snippets. Google said they will make property sets smarter in the new Search Console. Google said meta refresh redirects do work but they do not recommend them. Google said write on your audiences level. Google had a reporting bug in the Search Console crawl stats report. GoogleBot has issues crawling CSS Custom Properties. Googleâs fetch as Google tool can render hashbag URLs again. Google said submitting URLs they have not indexed in your current sitemap in a new sitemap wonât help. Google is expected to talk about how to make lazy loaded content search engine friendly. Google launched a fun game called Word Coach in the non-English search results. Google Adwords launched a new speed scorecard feature. Google launched, I think, the new shopping results carousel to show competing shopping search engines. Google Keyword Planner has been redesigned. The Google Dance is back in Tokyo next month. Rand Fishkin is officially out at Moz, has started a new company named SparkToro. The search community honored Dan Shure, Shari Thurow, Tadeusz Szewczyk, Michael Martinez and Linda Buquet. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Algorithm Update Brewing? Depends Who You Ask.
- New Google Multifaceted Featured Snippets Focuses On Multi-Intent Queries
- New Google Search Console To Make Property Sets Easier
- Google: Meta Refresh Redirects Work Fine But Not Recommended
- Google On Reading Level: Write On The Level Of Your Audience
- Google Posts Note Of Crawl Stats Report Bug
- Google: GoogleBot Can't Crawl CSS Custom Properties
- Google Fetch As Google Tool Renders Hash Bang URLs
- Google Not Indexing URLs In Your Sitemap? New Sitemaps Won't Help
- Google To Clarify How To Make Lazy Loading Images & Content SEO Friendly
- Google Word Coach: Does It Help Users Expand Their English Or Google Get Smarter?
- Google AdWords Speed Scorecard Estimates Revenue Impact Of Speed
- Google Tests Third-Party Shopping Engines In Carousel In EU Again
- Google Keyword Planner Tool Redesigned
- Google Dance Tokyo Officially Returns On April 3, 2018
- Rand Fishkin Has Now Left Moz, Starts SparkToro
- Dan Shure - The Search Community Honors You
- Shari Thurow - The Search Community Honors You
- Tadeusz Szewczyk - The Search Community Honors You
- Michael Martinez - The Search Community Honors You
- Linda Buquet - The Search Community Honors You