Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Ranking Update, Mobile First Index Expands, News Meta Keyword Gone & More
This week, we reported about a possible Google algorithm and ranking update in search. Google said they will be expanding their mobile-first index over the next several weeks. Google News stopped support the news meta keyword tag back in October. Google has no current plans to downgrade the rankings of the sites Chrome blocks ads on. Google Search Console beta has a new cool differences feature. Google Search Console may have a reporting bug with the time spent downloading metric. Google said they will port all the old features of Search Console to the new one and then said they wonât. Googleâs blocked resources report also had bugs that they fixed. Google has now documented that they changed the request indexing quota over abuse and it is now a daily limit vs a monthly limit. Google is testing showing multiple images in the featured snippets. Google says content order and position do matter. Google says schema and structured data are here for the long tun. Google added mall directory search to the local panel. Googleâs Danny Sullivan had to defend the offensive and fake Google search suggestions. Google AdSense has launched auto ads. I posted new changes happening at the blog. We are sad to report Jill Sampey has passed away. We honored Duane Forrester, Jennifer Horowitz, Ashley Berman Hale, Eric Enge and Max Prin this week. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Algorithm Update Chatter & Signals February 20th
- Google Mobile First Index Expanding Within Next Several Weeks
- Google News Meta Keywords Tag Hasn't Been Supported Since October 2017
- Will Google Search Ranking Algorithms Use Chrome Ad Blocking Signals
- Google Search Console Lets You Filter By Differences
- Bug? Google Search Console Time Spent Downloading A Page Metric Drops.
- Google To Port All Old Search Console Features To New Version
- Google: Some Old Features Won't Be In New Google Search Console
- Google Search Console Blocked Resources Reporting Bug
- Google: We Changed Request Indexing Limits & Quotas Over Spam & Abuse
- Google Drastically Changes Crawl Limits In Search Console
- Google Tests Multiple Images In Featured Snippets?
- Google: Content Order, Position & Placement Matters
- Google: Schema & Structured Data Is Here For The Long Run
- Google Local Panel Adds Mall Directories Search
- Google Defends False, Offensive & Fake Search Suggestions As People's Real Searches
- Google AdSense Auto Ads Now Out Of Beta
- Notice: Blog Commenting & Twitter Post Changes
- The Search Community Mourns The Loss Of Jill Sampey
- Duane Forrester - The Search Community Honors You
- Jennifer Horowitz - The Search Community Honors You
- Ashley Berman Hale - The Search Community Honors You
- Eric Enge - The Search Community Honors You
- Max Prin - The Search Community Honors You