Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- PSA: Google Mobile First Index Will Crawl Desktop Sites
As you know, the mobile first index is getting ready to expand in the upcoming weeks and some webmasters that still have desktop only sites are a bit nervous. If you still ...
- Google Word Coach: Does It Help Users Expand Their English Or Google Get Smarter?
Almost a week ago, Susanta Sahoo shared with me on Twitter a screen shot of a new feature in Google search named "Google Word Coach." I emailed Google about it
- Google Tests Third-Party Shopping Engines In Carousel In EU Again
Last week we spotted a different interface test for showing third-party shopping search engine services in that carousel but now we are seeing Google test or maybe begin roll ...
- Google AdWords Speed Scorecard Estimates Revenue Impact Of Speed
Yesterday Google announced their Speed Scorecard, a tool for website owners to measure the impact of their site speed on their earnings and revenues. This is aimed...
- Google Posts Note Of Crawl Stats Report Bug
Last week we reported that the crawl stats report seemed to be buggy. Well, Google confirmed the bug by posting both on Twitter and the data anomalies page about the issue...
- Linda Buquet - The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series - feel free to nominate someone over here. Linda Buquet is 65 years old...
- Google's Noogler Handbook
Here it is, the official Google Noogler handbook. All the rules of how to act like a Google employee, a Googler, can be found within these pages. Of course, you will also notice the nail polish on t
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- 'By 2020 50% of searches will be made by voice' How to prepare: https://t.co/1c2vzUl3Y9 #digitalassistants…, Bing Ads on Twitter
- That's an organic search feature, it's handled automatically (provided the requirements are met - such as any markup that needs to be there).… https://t.co/M80epQLo3S, John Mueller on Twitter
- Why doesn't @GoogleMyBiz just allow Google Q&A notifications to come through as an email like a review does? Surely this would be simple to implement - and it's what all local business owners want. I don't want to fork out unnec, Brodie Clark on Twitter
- YouTube Rolls Out Chat Replay, Live English Auto Captions, Location Tagging of Live Mobile Video, WebmasterWorld