Daily Search Forum Recap: August 31, 2017
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google: We've Changed The Way We Think About The Panda Algorithm
Gary Illyes from Google said on Twitter this morning that Google has changed the way they think about Panda from five years ago. Gary wrote "we've changed the way we think about Panda." He added, "what was true 5 or so years ago...
- Google Local Pack Shows Query From Website Content Of Local Listing
Here is a new local pack test where Google is showing when the query matches content on the local businesses website.
- Google AdWords Tests More Sitelinks Dropdown Button
Tauqeer Aziz shared a screen shot with me on Twitter of Google AdWords testing a sitelinks layout that has a "more" link that drops down to show additional sitelinks in the overlay...
- Google AdWords Report Editor Adds Cross-Account Reporting
Now in the Google AdWords Report Editor you can do cross-account reporting to see all your important metrics across your manager account in one single report. Google quietly announced this new feature on both Google+ and Twitter...
- Google AdSense User First Program
Some publishers over at WebmasterWorld and Google AdSense Help forums are saying they are now seeing an invitation within their Google AdSense interface to join the User First beta program...
- Hypnotic Google Hallway
Here is a photo I found on Instagram of one of the hallways at a Google office. To me, it looks hypnotic and out of the 60s or 70s, yet with a touch of modern? But I am not designer and I have no desi
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Per @Firefox Telemetry, more than 60% HTTPS page loads is now the norm! https://t.co/TtmkMvuDQA https://t.co/BmyQ49DIim, Let's Encrypt on Twitter
- @dawnieando If it's 404/410 the links are ignored, no need to disavow. Usually this (random URL w/querystring & links) isn't a problem anyway., John Mueller on Twitter