Daily Search Forum Recap: August 24, 2017
Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
- Google Looking Into Speeding Up Data Search Console
Last week we reported Google was pretty delayed in their Search Console data, specifically about a week delay in the Search Analytics reports. Normally there is a two-day delay but even today...
- Google's John Mueller: Sure, DM Me For Private Support
A couple days ago I wrote how Gary Illyes from Google doesn't do private webmaster support and then this morning, John Mueller from Google basically said the complete opposite. Here is John's tweet: Sure...
- Google AdWords Searches Card Helps Spot Search Trends
Google AdWords has a "card" on the new AdWords interface named "searches card" that aims at showing advertisers rising search trends. Specifically you can see which words your customers are using to search for you on Google.com, and refine your keywords for better performance...
- Google: Blocking Images From Google Doesn't Impact Core Web Search Rankings
Did you ever wonder that if you blocked your images from being indexed by Google would it impact your core web content from also ranking in Google...
- Google Local Question & Answer Live In Mobile Browsers
Ten days ago, Google's question and answer feature in the local results went live on Android devices. Well, now it seems to be rolling out to all mobile browsers...
- At Google: Indoor Golf Putting Green
Here is a photo of someone at the Google office using the indoor putting green to work on their golf skills. This was posted on Instagram by Beccy Sandberg who said playing golf at Google. I am not s
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Absolute statements in SEO are generally a bad idea., Martin MacDonald on Twitter
- Names change over time. If that's the case, how do you search for the right ..., Google+ - Dan Russell
- Our #JSON-LD https://t.co/1wPA9Ly8Tu markup generator is finally live! ð Check it out and give us your feedback! https://t.co/RqfRGbqE10 https://t.co/rZPAZWPdpH, Max Prin on Twitter
- @duborges G wants to make the user happy. Don't focus on algorithms that G uses now, focus on the end-goal instead., John Mueller on Twitter
- Google Webmasters Blog: Introducing Our New International Webmaster Blogs! https://t.co/WpEoZIN5IU https://t.co/tYU0bxOPA1, Pedro Dias on Twitter
- Migrating a 6-yr-old website with 8k pages - 180 day update, WebmasterWorld